Dear Helen Keller Families,
On behalf of the staff at Helen Keller Elementary School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2023-2024 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school
We will continue using the Parent Square Application to communicate with our families. ParentSquare allows schools to reach parents by app, email, or text. We will use ParentSquare to send alerts, report cards, and attendance notices, Please use the following link www.parentsquare.com/signin to get more information on downloading the app.
As always, if you have any concerns or questions please reach out by phone, at 310-886-5700 or through Parent Square.
We hope you enjoy the remainder of your summer break. We’ll see you all in August!